Tuesday, December 21, 2010

If Only It Were Christmas Everyday

Well it has been awhile (say, 6 months!) and a LOT has happened in that time, so here's a quick overview! I quit my job at Lead On Ballarat and am now working as the Youth and Children's Ministry Assistant at the Echuca Salvation Army Corps, which I am VERY excited about. I love my job. It's all God stuff and it's marvellous.

So this means that I have actually moved to Echuca, living by myself, bought a horse and having a ball and meeting brilliant people. And most importantly, I am now in full-time ministry. Praise Jesus for an answered prayer (or ten!!!). That's the update.


Even if no one reads my blogs, I still find great value in having a place to post my thoughts and feelings etc etc etc.

Anyway, I have had the urge to blog all week and now I finally get the chance, so I am excited!

I have had an amazing past few weeks here at Echuca. The month of December has been full of blessings and I rejoice in God for that. I witnessed one of our youth recommitt their lives to Christ, children who pray openly in the congregation ALL the time (I'm blown away), children who portray Jesus, young people full of enthusiasm and opportunities galore to share Jesus with the community.

Now having said all this, I don't want to disillusion you. There are challenges. Heaps of challenges. And sometimes I feel a little worse for wear. But where would we be without these challenges? And where is God going to change lives when change is not needed? Exactly.

Anyway, this week we have been out and about in the community down at Bunnings. Bunnings has given the Salvation Army a wonderful opportunity this year to get involved in the community. So we have held 2 BBQs down at Bunnings and tomorrow we are running a kids clinic where we will build nativity scenes and get to share the real Christmas story with children.

I delight in this kind of stuff. We have also been handing out War Cry's and Kidzone's all week (even the old War Cry's) which many people were delighted to receive. One lady told me how her granddaughter used to receive Kidzones and she was so happy to be able to get her another one again.

So I praise God for the Christmas season. Not only because we celebrate the time where he gave us something more precious than we deserved, but because of the opportunity it presents us with to share with others the Gospel and care for each other.

If only it were Christmas all year? Well it should be! Why can't it be! Let's learn from this Christmas and spread the joy all year round.

Yours in Christ,

Loz

No comments: